Welcome to the UHSA World Languages Department! In today’s global economy and society, it is vital to speak more than one language and understand the differences and similarities among cultures in order to survive in the 21st century.
The UHSA World Languages Department offers Spanish and Mandarin Chinese languages levels 1-4. Each class focuses on the 5 Cs of the National Standards for Foreign Language Learning:
- Communication: Verbal and written communication in a language other than English
- Cultures: Gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures
- Connections: Acquire information through the connection with other disciplines
- Comparisons: Develop insight into the nature of language and culture
- Communities: Participate in multilingual communities