Do you want to get to know us? Do you want to get a taste?
See us in our Virtual Open House.
This page is to help prospective students and their parents understand the admissions process to join our learning community. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please call us at
The admissions process for incoming 6th through 11th graders includes an online application and an entrance test. When submitting the online application you will need the most recent report card, a student statement, most recent test scores and a family commitment form.
Links to the application which outlines these procedures are posted each school year on the UMSA/UHSA website in late September and January. Please pay close attention to the deadlines. There is one admissions test date per application period; a make-up or retest date is not offered.
|6th - 11th Graders||Timeline|
Please check the application for the specific deadline.
|Test||An invitation to test is Emailed home after the application window closes.|
|Results Notification||Prospective students will usually be notified near the end of January (or April).|
|Online Intent to Enroll Form||Your Intent to Attend online form UMSA/UHSA must be submitted by the date in the acceptance letter. (It is usually two weeks after notification of acceptance.)|
Thank you so much for considering University Middle and High School Academies.
Nurturing Tomorrow's Leaders, Today.
University Middle & High School Academies
I understand and agree to the following:
- Students must take the UMSA/UHSA Entrance Examination.
- Once accepted students must maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and adhere to the Southfield Public Schools’ Student Code of Conduct. Student’s inability to adhere to the SPS Student Code of Conduct and to maintain a 3.0 GPA will result in permanent dismissal from UMSA/UHSA.
- Education is a shared responsibility of the student, school, and parents. If my student is accepted into UMSA/UHSA, cooperation on my part is vital. I will assist my child by encouraging him/her to work to the best of their ability, complete all work on time, and maintain good attendance and citizenship.
- Education is a shared responsibility; therefore, I will attend at least four PTA meetings.
- UMSA/UHSA is a school of choice for Southfield and Lathrup Village residents. Southfield Public Schools does not provide bus transportation for UMSA/UHSA students.
- If my student is invited to attend the UMSA/UHSA and I decline the invitation, it will not be honored after the acceptance period ends.
- Students who submit incomplete applications will not be invited to test and will not be considered for enrollment.
- Failure to disclose accurate and complete information will disqualify the student’s ability to attend University Middle School & University High School Academies.