Welcome to Southfield Public Schools Athletics.
Please view the 2022-23 guidelines for all athletic events below.
As the football season is just getting underway Southfield Public Schools would like to update and remind you of SPS athletics rules and regulations. In an effort to provide a safer environment for our students, staff, families, competing teams, and community and to more efficiently monitor spectator entry into Southfield Public Schools athletic events, we have implemented a clear bag policy this school year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into our on campus athletic events. Exceptions to this
policy will be made for all medically necessary items or equipment after proper inspection and guidance from the Athletic Department.
Southfield Public Schools strongly encourages spectators to not bring any type of bags, but spectators will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium areas, stadium gates, or when approaching the line awaiting entry into the stadium or gym.
● Bags that are clear plastic, or vinyl and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12."
● No buckles, grommets/hardware, or décor can be concealing any part of the bag. The bag literally must be all clear.
● Logos or decor can only be on one side of the bag.
● One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
● Small clutch bags, which cannot exceed 4.5" x 6.5" in size, with or without a
handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, drawstring bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. All high school students must have their student I.D to attend. All elementary and middle school students must be accompanied by an adult to enter the game. All spectators will pass through a security checkpoint prior to entry. There will be no re-entry to the stadium.
Please review the following guidelines and policies to ensure you are in compliance when entering and attending SPS athletics events.
● Parking is available at the High School student parking lot located off 10 Mile
Road and Lahser Road. There is no parking on grass, walkways, or sidewalks.
(Violators may be ticketed or towed at the expense of the owner.)
● Drive lanes must be left clear for emergency vehicles.
● Saving parking spots is prohibited.
● Overnight parking is prohibited and vehicles will be towed at the expense of the owner of the vehicle.
● Amplified sound systems and/or the use of radios/audio devices with external speakers at loud levels or inappropriate language is prohibited.
● Loitering or congregating in the parking lot is prohibited.
● UNLAWFUL WEAPONS AND FIREWORKS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE
PARKING LOTS. SPECTATORS THAT PARTICIPATE IN DISORDERLY
CONDUCT, INCLUDING PROFANITY, WILL BE EJECTED.
● Any item that could be used as a projectile.
● Camera bags/binocular cases
● Fanny packs
● Horns/laser/artificial noisemakers
● Illegal drugs
● Pets (service animals are permitted)
● Recreational balls
● Seat cushions
● Smoking & amp; tobacco (including e-cigarettes and vaporizers)
● Sticks/poles/camera ”selfie” sticks, gimbals, tripods, or extenders
● Abusive, foul, or disruptive language and obscene gestures
● Any behavior which otherwise interferes with other guests’ enjoyment of the
● Any disruption to the progress of the event by a guest’s actions, including
throwing, kicking objects, and field jumping
● Displays of affection that are not appropriate in a public setting
● Distributing handbills, pamphlets, etc., unless authorized by Southfield Public Schools
● Entering the stadium with unlawful weapons of any kind
● Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
● Guests are expected to remain in their designated ticketed seat at all times while in the stadium
● Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption or drug use
● Obscene or indecent clothing
● Re-entering the stadium
● Running or jogging
● Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat
● Standing/congregating in open areas or sitting anywhere other than the area designated for guests and the home spectator.
● Smoking and the use of tobacco products of any kind
● Standing on chairs or stepping over chair backs
● Standing or sitting in walkways, aisles, or ramps
● Southfield Public School reserves the right to change this at any time. Violation may result in ejection, arrest, and/or ticket revocation.
On event day, guests can report issues and concerns by texting (248) 450-8915 with the location and issue, or contact event staff or security personnel (not vendors or custodians.)
Spectators will continue to be able to enjoy their game activities with greater safety and the knowledge that their entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster. They also will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium, such as binoculars, cameras, and smartphones.
As the football season begins, we encourage parents and guardians to discuss with their students about the new rules and regulations for attending Southfield Public Schools athletic events.
Dr. Jennifer Green
Superintendent of Schools
Check out the athletics web page for other sports-specific information.
Athletic supporters can join us virtually for a front-row seat at the season home games. Please follow the step below:
- Vistit https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/southfield-high-school-southfield-mi
- Click “FOLLOW” towards the top right of the page.
- Click “Sign up for Free!”
- Create your account by entering in your first name, last name, email address, and password.
- Click “Continue”.
The following sport will not return for Winter 2020:
All participants (student and coaches) must wear face coverings at all times – during all practices and non-game activities, and during games. Anyone refusing to wear a mask during practice or competition will not be allowed to play/participate. No required COVID-19 testing procedures will be used.
If any competing school district opts not to wear a mask, Southfield Public Schools Athletic Department will not play that opponent.
Complying with all guidance published by MHSAA, the Southfield Public Schools winter sports program follows the guidelines outlined below.
- The first row of bleachers will be accessible for students to place their belongings.
- All participants are required to bring their own water bottle. Water bottles must not be shared. Hydration stations (water fountains, etc.) will not be used.
- All equipment will be sanitized before use and cleaned intermittently during practices.
- Participants will be instructed to go directly home to shower and to wash and sanitize their workout gear.
- Seating at the table for the game officials, who include the announcer, bookkeeper and timekeeper, will be socially distanced at six feet.
- Hand sanitizer, extra face masks and disinfectant wipes will be readily available for use.
Winter 2022 Spectator Notice
For Winter Sports games, we are prohibiting spectators at the home games this week and moving forward we are limiting ticket sales to two (2) per student athlete in an effort to still allow families to come and support the student. Our intent is to the amount of spectators in the stands in order to keep everyone safe.
Game times and dates are subject to change, so please check the athletics calendar regularly.