At Southfield Public Schools, we prepare our students for a lifelong love of learning. With instruction by master-level and world-class teachers who are experts in their field, we cultivate a high quality, student-centered learning experience preparing innovative learners for a global society.
Points of Pride
- Nationally accredited HeadStart program featuring acclaimed HighScope curriculum.
- International Baccalaureate Programme for K-12 students (Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma).
- Award-winning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programs starting in sixth grade.
- The graduating class of 2015 earned $23.7 million in scholarships and grants to prestigious colleges and universities across the county.
- 91% of our teachers hold a Master’s Degree or higher.
- Dual enrollment program lets students earn college credits with all costs covered by the district.
- Nationally award-winning high school music and journalism programs.
- No pay to play athletics.
- ELL (English Language Learners) program at Vandenberg where students and staff speak 32 languages from 27 countries.
- $3.5 million technology upgrades district-wide.
- An examination school that has been named on Newsweek’s 2013, 2014 and 2015 list of “Best Schools in America.”
- Advanced Placement experiences for K-8 students.
- Four SPS students have been honored as Gates Millennium Scholars in the last six years.
- Comprehensive “High School Redesign” in 2013 featuring gender separated core classes, 8th-grade high school programs and enhanced mentoring counseling programs.
- Award-winning professional development; differentiated instruction is national model for ASCD.
The Southfield Public School District educates all students in a collaborative, safe, supportive and high-quality, student-centered environment and prepares dynamic, innovative learners to compete within the global society.
The Southfield Public School District will develop socially responsible and culturally sensitive citizens empowered to meet the challenges of rapidly changing global and technologically advanced society, characterized by care, curiosity, creativity, critical thinking and the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and contribute to society.
Enable students to successfully interact in a global environment through innovative use of state-of-the-art technology.
Improve student achievement through innovative and effective instructional delivery.
Cultivate optimum learning experiences in a positive environment of engaged learning for all students.
Facilitate and strengthen partnerships with parents, guardians, businesses, post-secondary institutions of higher learning and community organizations.
Accomplish the above goals in a fiscally responsible manner.