Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its Website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us. The following information is required to be posted on our website. See below for links to these documents.
1. The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
2. Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
2a. A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
1. Salaries and Wages
2. Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits.
3. Retirement benefits costs
4. All other personnel costs
2b. A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
2. Support Services
3. Business and Administration
4. Operations and Maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
3a. The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
3b. Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district
3c. The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
3d. Bids required under section 5 of the public employee health benefits act, 2007 PA106, MCL 124.75
3e. The district's written policy governing procurement of supplies, materials and equipment.
3f. The district's written policy establishing specific categories of reimbursable expenses, as described in section 1254(2) of the revised school code, MCL 380.1254.
3g. The district's accounts payable check register for the most recent school fiscal year.
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services
Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting
1. Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Annual Operating Budget
Fiscal Year 2019-20 Original Budget (Adopted June 25, 2019)
Fiscal Year 2020-21 Original Budget (Adopted June 30, 2020)
3g. Accounts Payable Check Register (2019-20)
6. There are no qualifying expenses for lobbying services for the 2017-18 fiscal year.
7. The district has not incurred a deficit.
Educator Evaluation Systems Postings and Assurances
Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan
Southfield Public Schools Approved Extended COVID-19 Learning Plan
Training on Delivery, Access, and Use of Virtual Content - Curriculum
Training on Delivery, Access, and Use of Virtual Content - ISSN
Training on Delivery, Access, and Use of Virtual Content - SSN
Extended COVID -19 Learning Plan Goal Reporting