Welcome to Southfield Public Schools!
Students who will be attending Southfield Public Schools for the first time or re-enrolling must register at:
Child Accounting/Pupil Registration
Southfield Education Center
16299 Mount Vernon
Southfield, MI 48075
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Joining the Southfield Public Schools Family
There are several ways to become a part of the Southfield Public Schools family:
- District Residency
- Schools of Choice
- Children of Southfield Public School District Employees
Non-residents should contact the pupil registration office at 248-746-7601 (option #3) to see if they are eligible to enroll in Southfield Public Schools.
HOW TO ENROLL
School of Choice - Oakland County (K-9) and Non-Oakland County (Kindergarten Only)
School of Choice 2019-20
The Southfield Public Schools Board of Education has approved limited Schools of Choice (Section 105c) openings in kindergarten for Oakland County residents and contiguous counties [i.e., Lapeer County (northeast), Genesee County (northwest), Macomb County (east), Wayne County (southeast), Washtenaw County (southwest) and Livingston County (west)] for the 2019-20 school year. The application period is March 1 - March 29, 2019. The application will be available by following a link listed below beginning March 1, 2019. Completed applications must be returned to the pupil registration office (16299 Mount Vernon, Southfield, MI 48075) by 4 p.m., March 29, 2019.
Schools of Choice Application period for Kindergarten is now closed.
First grade - 9th grade
The Southfield Public Schools Board of Education has approved limited Schools of Choice (Section 105) openings in 1st through 9th grade for Oakland County residents only for the 2019-20 school year. The application period is March 1 - March 29, 2019. The application will be available by following a link listed below beginning March 1, 2019. Completed applications must be returned to the pupil registration office (16299 Mount Vernon, Southfield, MI 48075) by 4 p.m., March 29, 2019.
Application window is now closed.
Once accepted through the Schools of Choice program, you may continue to attend Southfield Public Schools through graduation unless there is a break in enrollment. Transportation to and from school is not provided.
For further information please contact Pupil Registration at 248-746-7601 (option #3).
Student Registration Information
The laws of Michigan state that a CHILD'S RESIDENCE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES IS WITH HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN.
Required Enrollment Documents
Parent/Legal Guardian MUST provide:
A. Proof of Residency of Students K-12
- House Closing Papers or Mortgage Documents
- Apartment or House Rental Lease
- Two (2) Current Utility Bills (within 30 days) or Connection Notices
B. Kindergarten Students
- Original Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport
- Court Ordered Guardianship Documents (if applicable)
- Current Immunization Records
- Vision Screening
C. Students Grade 1-12
- Current Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport
- Court Ordered Documents (if applicable)
- Latest Report Card / Unofficial Transcript
For New and Re-Enrollment Students
Residency Help Guide
Are you currently residing with a Southfield/Lathrup Village resident or relative?
Did you recently relocate to Southfield/Lathrup Village and temporarily residing with a Southfield/Lathrup Village resident?
Is your place of residence in Southfield/Lathrup Village in someone else's name (i.e. the leaseholder signed the lease agreement and you are listed as an occupant)?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the above questions, a parent/guardian must provide the following documents for registration:
1. Original Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport of the student
2. Current Immunization Record of the student
3. Recent Report Card/Unofficial Transcript
4. Two Current Utility Bills (bearing the name and address of the owner/leaseholder of Southfield/Lathrup Village)
5. Proof of Home Ownership/Lease Agreement (i.e. Deed, Closing Statement, Recent Tax Assessment Slip, Mortgage Payment Book with the resident's name and address attached). Lease agreement should include a letter from management to verify occupancy.
6. Four different pieces of current business mail with parent/legal guardian name with the Southfield/Lathrup Village address (DO NOT INCLUDE MAGAZINES, FLYERS, PICTURE IDENTIFICATION, DRIVER'S LICENSE OR VOTER'S REGISTRATION CARD)
Only the documents listed will be accepted as proof of residency. Southfield Public Schools reserves the right to verify residency documentation provided at the time of enrollment. During this process, registration may be delayed due to verification.
SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATEMENT OF NON DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Southfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator - Andrea Phillpotts, 248-746-8976; Title II & Title IX Coordinators - Ricky Fountain, 248-746-8536 or Alise Collier, 248-746-4338; Section 504 Coordinator - Daryl Beebe, 248-746-0045. All complaints may be addressed to 24661 Lahser Road, Southfield, MI 48033.