Welcome to Vandenberg World Cultures Academy!
Vandenberg is proud of its culturally diverse student population, teachers, and staff.
Students have a firsthand opportunity at a young age to learn with and among people from all over the world.
- Nearly 40% of Vandenberg students are bilingual, speaking English and other languages at home
- Vandenberg families represent 5 of the 7 continents in the world. Families come continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Vandenberg staff are fluent in English, French, Wolof, Chaldean, Mandarin, Arabic, Russian, Ukrainian, and Spanish.
- Some of the languages spoken by our children and their families include: Albanian, Spanish, Wolof, Mandinka , Ga-danbe, Twi ,Yoruba ,Fyu,Tagalog, Russian, Vietnamese , ASL language, Palauan , Haitian , Hindi , Panjabi, Sianhalese, Gujarati, Arabic, Chaldean , French, Japanese, Jamaican, Swahili, Nigerian, Igbo, Eflek, and Borabu.
- Vandenberg is the magnet elementary school in Southfield for all children whose families speak a language other than English at home