The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
PTA Benefits Everyone
PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. PTA is autonomous but supported by a national structure. Some PTA Benefits are:
- Leverage Volunteer Power. PTA organizes hard-working, dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready to help implement school improvement programs.
- Improve Communication. PTAs keep the entire school community informed of current events, issues, and accomplishments. Regular meetings allow PTAs to share information with members.
- See Measurable Results. More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Discover More Dollars. Local PTAs are self-funding. By inviting the entire school’s parent community to join, they generate membership fees to pay for programs. Local PTA fundraisers support school programs, building improvements, and educational events.
- Tap into Proven Programs. Local PTAs have access to ready-made, easy-to-use programs with proven success records. From health and safety topics, to collaborating with teachers and community members, to fundraising, the programs get results.
Vandenberg World Cultures Academy PTA
Become a Member
In order to be successful (empowering parents and communities to advocate for their children), we know that the support and involvement from parents of our students, the school staff at Vandenberg, as well as the business leaders in our community will be of utmost importance. We encourage each of you to show your commitment by joining. Please be sure to check out our membership benefits.
The second way to show your support will be to participate in the numerous events and programs that we have planned throughout the school semester. Your participation might be that of an officer, a committee member, volunteer, or merely as an attendee. Support could also be supporting the fundraisers where proceeds go towards events and programs for our parents and students. Whatever level of participation you select, your time and involvement will certainly be appreciated and beneficial to helping our children's potential become reality.
Give Your Feedback and Ideas
You also can show your support a third way by providing us your comments regarding our PTA efforts or suggestions or ideas for other potential PTA initiatives. To facilitate this, please take time to complete the parent needs assessment (obtains suggestions on events, fundraisers, and programs) that comes home at the beginning of each school semester and family-school partnership survey (gauges our role in welcoming families into the school, communicating effectively, supporting student success, speaking up for every child, sharing power, and collaborating with the community).
Vandenberg WCA PTA believes that it takes continuous collaboration between families and school staff to support students' learning and healthy development both at home and at school, and that students have regular opportunities to strengthen their knowledge and skills to achieve student success. It will take parents, school and communities working together to support student achievement. We look forward to your involvement and working with you this school semester.