News for U
Monday August 29, 2022
On the FIRST day of school this year, start times are a bit staggered.
- 6-8 Graders arrive at 7:25
- 6th graders go directly to the auditorium and should be there at 7:35. There will be a welcome, orientation, and tour.
- 7th and 8th graders go directly to their 1st hour (Seminar). Students should be in the room at 7:35.
- 9-12 Graders arrive at 8:15
- 9-12 grades go directly to their 1st hour (Seminar). Students should be in the Seminar room at 8:20.
- 1st and 2nd hour times will be adjusted for this staggered arrival.
- Dismissal for all grades will be at 3:00 as usual.
- This is ONLY for day one. School hours are normally 7:45-3:00.
Please join Superintendent Dr. Jennifer Green as she shares updates and discusses the approved Capital Facilities Bond proposal focused on building and facility upgrades & improvements across the district.
Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 5:30 p.m.
University High School Academy - Auditorium
19301 W. 12 Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48076
We hope you can join us.
A PDF of the year's calendar is attached.
The U has summer work!
Please see the Summer Work page for the U specific ELA and Math work. (This is not the same work that Dr Green sent out.)
The point is to keep reading and math alive over the summer break. Spread out the work, some each week. See you soon!
(Shopping lists are also on this page.)
The Ascension Mi School-Based Health Center at Southfield High School A & T is officially open! Ascension Michigan School-Based Health Centers are an initiative of Ascension SE Michigan Community Health, committed to improving the quality of life for communities.
This groundbreaking partnership will help further our commitment to promote a healthy future for students of the Southfield community by addressing the developmental, physical and emotional needs of our children. Students will receive comprehensive health care and health education through the center.