PTA Parent Guides
The Parents’ Guides to Student Success were developed by teachers, parents, and education experts in response to the Common Core State Standards that more than 45 states have adopted.
Created for grades K-8 in English language arts/literacy and mathematics the guides provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.
- Parents' Guide to Success Booklet
- Two-page Parents' Guides (Color)
- Four-page Parents' Guides (Color)
- Parents’ Guides to Student Success—Frequently Asked Questions
The guides include:
- Key items children should be learning in English language arts and mathematics in each grade, once Common Core Standards are fully implemented.
- Activities that parents can do at home to support their child's learning.
- Methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their child's teacher.
- Tips for planning for college and career (high school only).