National Honor Society (NHS)
Southfield A&T National Honor Society is dedicated to excellence in the principles of Character, Leadership, Scholarship, and Service. We demonstrate these principles through hosting events, Parent-Teacher Conferences, orientations, weekly tutoring, community service activities, and participation in the National and State Leadership Conferences.
In order to become a member, applicants must have:
- A 3.30 cumulative Grade Point Average
- Participation in at least two extra-curricular activities
- Four teacher recommendations
- A completed submission packet before the deadline
- A completed digital resume on oneself and the four Principles of NHS
To maintain membership, NHS students must:
- Maintain the GPA requirements
- Regularly attend the monthly NHS meetings
- Pay state and national dues ($50)
- Participate in as many events as possible!
- Obtain a minimum Service requirement of 16 hours, and complete Leadership and Character requirements
- Turn in an NHS Student Portfolio of Achievement every year
For more information, visit the Southfield A&T NHS website.