Parent University is a parent engagement program designed to promote successful partnerships among parents, schools, and communities. The program provides free activities, courses, and workshops for parents to enhance their personal well-being as well as their scholar’s success.
- Understanding District and Instructional Technology Platforms
- District Testing and Assessment Tools
- Understanding STEM and STEAM Programs
- Co-Parenting For Student Success
- The Role of the School’s PTA
- A Parent’s Role in School Safety
- Social Emotional Learning and Mindfulness
- Understanding Educational Pathways
- Support Services for Special Needs Scholars
- Your Scholars' Rights and the Student Code of Conduct
- College Planning Resources, Readiness and Finances
- Career and Technical Education Opportunities for SPS Scholars
When are Courses Offered?
- These 60-90 minute virtual courses are offered twice monthly on Wednesday evenings.
- The first course is offered on October 5, 2022, at 6 pm.
- They are facilitated by district staff as well as external partners.
- The courses will be recorded and available for future viewing on the district website and our YouTube channel.
Who is Eligible to Enroll?
- Enrollment in Parent University is open to all SPS parents and guardians.
- Enrollment is also open to Southfield and Lathrup Village residents who want to learn more about specific aspects of the school system.
- Participants who complete 80% of the classes offered during the school year will be eligible to receive a graduation certificate.
How to Enroll?
To enroll in Parent University please click the link below to fill out the google form.