James I. Smyth Library Media Center
Click HERE to download and print the SLHS Library Information Brochure!
Kathy Heichel, B.S. in Ed., M.L.I.S
(248) 746-7285 (248) 746-7364 Fax
The mission of the Southfield-Lathrup High School Library Media Center program is to provide an environment for research, to provide access to information for both faculty and students, and to provide effective educational programming that supports the school’s curriculum and helps create life-long learners.
- 7:15 am – 2:45 pm
- To visit during class, your teacher must sign a pass and you need your ID card.
You must sign in at the front door.
- To visit during Lunch, you will need your ID card and you must sign in at the front door.
- Loan period for most items is two weeks.
- Fines for most items is 10¢ per school day.
- Reference books do not circulate.
- 14 Computers offering Internet service, Microsoft Office and the online library catalog (PAC)
- Video, CD, DVD, and Audiobook collections
- A comprehensive reference section
- A periodical collection
- Approximately 22,000 volumes
- A bi-monthly Book Club
- Printing 10¢ per page for black & white
- Color Laser Printing $1.00 per page
- Copying 10¢ per page
- Sales: pencils, pens, note cards, flash drives