An education at Vandenberg means that you will be part of a culturally diverse and academically successful family.
- 40% of our student population speaks a language other than English at home
- 29 languages are spoken in our homes
- Vandenberg represents 25 cultures from around the world
- Our families come from North America, Mid-East, South America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean
- We have a staff that speaks English, French, Wolof, Chaldean, Arabic, and Spanish
- The following languages are spoken by our children and their families: Albanian ,Spanish, Wolof, Mandinka , Ga-danbe, twi ,Yoruba ,Fyu,Tagalog, Russian, Vietnamese , ASL language, Palauan , Haitian , Hindi , Panjabi, Sianhalese, Gujarati, Arabic, Chaldean , French, Japanese, Jamaican, Swahili, Nigerian, Igbo, Eflek, and Borabu.
- We are the ESL magnet elementary school in Southfield for all children whose families speak a language other than English at home
- We have awesome, supportive parents. 99% of our parents attended fall conferences this school year
- Students are given opportunities to learn outside the classroom. Every student is invited to take at least 3 curriculum-related field trips each year