Residency Help Guide
Are you currently residing with a Southfield/Lathrup Village resident or relative?
Did you recently relocate to Southfield/Lathrup Village and temporarily residing with a Southfield/Lathrup Village resident?
Is your place of residence in Southfield/Lathrup Village in someone else's name (i.e. the leaseholder signed the lease agreement and you are listed as an occupant)?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the above questions, a parent/guardian must provide the following documents for registration:
1. Original Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport of the student
2. Current Immunization Record of the student
3. Recent Report Card/Unofficial Transcript
4. Two Current Utility Bills (bearing the name and address of the owner/leasholder of Southfield/Lathrup Village)
5. Proof of Home Ownership/Lease Agreement (i.e. Deed, Closing Statement, Recent Tax Assessment Slip, Mortgage Payment Book with the resident's name and address attached). Lease agreement should include a letter from management to verify occupancy.
6. Four different pieces of current business mail with parent/legal guardian name with the Southfield/Lathrup Village address (DO NOT INCLUDE MAGAZINES, FLYERS, PICTURE IDENTIFICATION, DRIVER'S LICENSE OR VOTER'S REGISTRATION CARD)
Only the documents listed will be accepted as proof of residency. Southfield Public Schools reserves the right to verify residency documentation provided at the time of enrollment. During this process, registration may be delayed due to verification.
SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATEMENT OF NON DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Southfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator—David Turner, JWE Administrative Center, 24661 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI 48033, 248/746-8987; Title II & Title IX Coordinator—Lynda Wood, JWE Administrative Center, 24661 Lahser Rd., Southfield MI 48033, 248/746-8580; Section 504 Coordinator George Chapp, Division of Instruction @ University High School Academy, 24815 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI 48033, 248/746-4328.