At Southfield Public Schools, we offer a robust college prep curriculum, integrated with exceptional programs and enrichment activities, to help cultivate each student's unique abilities. As a district, we are passionate about ensuring that our students are well equipped for bright futures.
- Nationally accredited HeadStart program featuring acclaimed HighScope curriculum.
- International Baccalaureate Programme for K-12 students (Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma).
- Award-winning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programs starting in sixth grade.
- The graduating class of 2015 earned $23.7 million in scholarships and grants to prestigious colleges and universities across the county.
- 91% of our teachers hold a Master’s Degree or higher.
- Dual enrollment program lets students earn college credits with all costs covered by the district.
- Nationally award-winning high school music and journalism programs.
- No pay to play athletics.
- ELL (English Language Learners) program at Vandenberg where students and staff speak 32 languages from 27 countries.
- $3.5 million technology upgrades district-wide.
- An examination school that has been named on Newsweek’s 2013, 2014 and 2015 list of “Best Schools in America.”
- Advanced Placement experiences for K-8 students.
- Four SPS students have been honored as Gates Millennium Scholars in the last six years.
- Comprehensive “High School Redesign” in 2013 featuring gender separated core classes, 8th grade high school programs and enhanced mentoring counseling programs.
- Award winning professional development; differentiated instruction is national model for ASCD.